Textual Programming, Python – Advanced
This is the second of our Python course series and is meant to lay a strong foundation on Python. By the end of this course, students would be profecient with Object Oriented Programming and have used advanced Python modules such as PyGame. The course culminates with a creating a graphical game which is much akin to games the kids regularly play with.
This foundation will be used to move on to an optional applied python course in the next semester, which will focus on:
- Using advanced libraries and tools such as matplotlib, NumPy, Pygal, SciPy, etc
- Manipulate data to generate interactive visualizations
- Implement web applications
- Implement Internet of Things
- Connect to microcontrollers such as Arduino, Micro:bit etc., to enable interactions with hardware such as LEDs, sensors, motors etc.
- Create complex robots from scratch
- Implement simple artificial intelligence techniques
It is our hope that upon completion of this series, the young minds seek real world problems through a compassionate lens and conceptualize appropriate technological solutions to solve the problem.
In addition to the in-person classes, we also offer free optional weekly online help sessions.
NOTE: A Windows, Mac or Linux laptop computer is required for this class. Chromebooks CANNOT be used.